After four long months, on July 13th 2020 we are going to start again safely with our usual offer of in-class Italian courses in Venice and Trieste. European borders are open and all activities have normally restarted from June 2nd.
For the moment, the only obligation is to wear a face mask in indoor places and in public transports (waterbuses, buses, schools, shops, museums, ...). From 7th October 2020, face masks must be worn outdoor too if you are near other people who are not part of your family. For more information please see the Health Ministry decree of 7th October 2020
The courses will be three hours a day, with a maximum of 8 students per class and for the moment with the use of a face mask.
There will be simple rules of hygiene and safety distancing.
We will offer our usual program of cultural activities in the afternoon to discover the two cities.
Our accommodation options are the same, with the possibility of staying in a single room with local hosts and, in Venice, in the beautiful Santa Marta campus too.
Istituto Venezia is officially recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education. It is a member of:
For many years, Istituto Venezia has been promoting and supporting the teaching of Italian language:
- it coordinates Venice International University courses of Italian for foreigners (V.I.U. is a consortium of 17 university from all over the worls: Università di Ca' Foscari and I.U.A.V Venice, LMU Muenchen, Tel Aviv University, Waseda Tokyo, Boston College, Université de Bordeaux, Université de Lausanne, Duke Durham, Tsinghua Beijing and Tongj Shangai).
- it runs internships and work placements for the Postgraduate Teaching programme of Italian for Foreigners of Ca' Foscari University, Laboratorio Itals.
- it hosts Italian classes for the international association Intercultura.
- it organizes Study Abroad programmes of several American universities (Colgate, Flathead valley, Towson, Purdue, Berkeley, Iowa state, Momoyama Gakuin University).
- the management of Generali, Fincantieri, Ikea, Lidl, Maersk, Jotun, British and American Embassy, Marriott and NH Hotels choose our courses.