The school is open for private in-person courses at the moment, while our usual offer of intensive Italian group courses in Venice and Trieste will reprise from 7th June.
In Venice and in Trieste, and in our two regions, the contagion rate is very low and all activities have normally restarted.
The courses will be three hours a day, with a maximum of 10 students per class and for the moment with the use of a face mask.
There will be simple rules of hygiene and safety distancing, most of the lessons are going to be in the classroom, but the part of the lesson dedicated to conversation will most likely be outside the school, on a café terrace or in a beautiful public garden.
We will offer our usual program of cultural activities in the afternoon to discover the two cities.
Our accommodation options are the same, with the possibility of staying in a single room with local hosts and, in Venice, in the beautiful Santa Marta campus too.
Istituto Venezia is officially recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education. It is a member of:
For many years, Istituto Venezia has been promoting and supporting the teaching of Italian language:
- it coordinates Venice International University courses of Italian for foreigners (V.I.U. is a consortium of 17 university from all over the worls: Università di Ca' Foscari and I.U.A.V Venice, LMU Muenchen, Tel Aviv University, Waseda Tokyo, Boston College, Université de Bordeaux, Université de Lausanne, Duke Durham, Tsinghua Beijing and Tongj Shangai).
- it runs internships and work placements for the Postgraduate Teaching programme of Italian for Foreigners of Ca' Foscari University, Laboratorio Itals.
- it hosts Italian classes for the international association Intercultura.
- it organizes Study Abroad programmes of several American universities (Colgate, Flathead valley, Towson, Purdue, Berkeley, Iowa state, Momoyama Gakuin University).
- the management of Generali, Fincantieri, Ikea, Lidl, Maersk, Jotun, British and American Embassy, Marriott and NH Hotels choose our courses.